Dental Development of Teeth in Children

Dental Development of Teeth in Children

A child’s dental development begins at around birth. The epitheliomesenchymal interface of the dental papilla and the ectoderm differentiates into tooth-specific cell types called ameloblasts and odontoblasts. As the tooth germ grows in thickness, these polarized cells form two rows of elongated cells that gradually retreat from each other. This process continues throughout the early childhood years, until the tooth reaches adulthood. These extra teeth can affect a child’s ability to eat properly.

Oligodontia for teeth

Oligodontia is a phenotypic dental anomaly which results in one or more missing teeth. The disease is quite common in the general population, and is closely associated with abnormalities of the ectodermal surface, e.g., abnormal incisors or canines. This disorder is often accompanied by sex and tander. The condition is often a symptom of an underlying ektodermal dysplasier, which manifests in svettkortlar and tander.

Anodontia

There are several different types of anodontia, with both total and partial cases. A total case means a child has no teeth, either permanent or deciduous, or both. Partial cases occur when teeth are missing, either all of them or only some of them. Partial anodontia is usually more difficult to treat than total anodontia, but both cases can be debilitating and require treatment. This article discusses the two most common types of anodontia, and what causes them.

Hyperdontia

Several factors can contribute to the development of extra teeth. 강남역치과 Sometimes an extra tooth grows in the front or back of the child’s mouth. Sometimes a single tooth will grow behind the child’s top incisors. Rarely, two or more extra teeth may grow. In these cases, extra teeth are called supernumerary teeth.

Stages of tooth eruption

Teeth are born in a continuous process, which involves various movements. As the lower jaw grows away from the maxilla, the teeth emerge in their functional position. Each stage of tooth development is guided by anatomical structures, chemical, biological, and molecular mediators. However, there are several important differences between these three stages. Listed below are the main differences and their related timing. Read on to learn more.

Mesenchyme

The role of mesenchyme in dental development is a central issue in oral and dental pathology. During early stages of development, the mesenchyme is found in two distinct types – odontogenic and osteogenic. These two types develop in close proximity and are related to one another – with the odontogenic mesenchyme originating from the cranial neural crest. The two mesenchymes are separated by the loose interstitial mesenchyme, which lacks the markers of neural crest origin. Both types of mesenchyme remain as soft tissue during development and are vital for proper anchorage of mammalian teeth. Mesenchyme diversity increases as dental development proceeds.

Epithelium

Teeth develop in the teeth. During tooth development, the dental epithelium and mesenchyme interact in a reciprocal and sequential manner. The key players in this process are bone morphogenetic protein (BMP), fibroblast growth factor (FGF), Hedgehog, and odontoblasts. The genes involved in these interactions are highlighted in red, yellow, and blue.

Ectodermal cells

The ectoderm is a complex organ and it is regulated by several signalling pathways. One of these pathways is activated by the TNF (tumor necrosis factor), which regulates several processes in ectodermal development, including the formation of cusps and depressions in the molar crown. The TNF signalling pathway is activated by the Tabby gene, which encodes a soluble TNF ligand that binds to a TNF receptor, encoded by the downless gene. The TNF signalling pathway activates the NF-kB transcriptional pathway in the epidermis, which promotes tooth development in adult mice.

Dentin

In the mouth, the main component of the teeth is the dentin. This yellow-hued bone-like structure is composed of 70 to 72% inorganic materials and 20% organic matter. Of the latter, 90% is collagen type I, while the remaining 10% consists of a ground substance. Water is also found on the surfaces of minerals and adsorbed in between crystals. Dentin provides a firm support for enamel and prevents the tooth from crumbling.